How do I setup an email auto responder using webmail (Out of office)?
An automated reply email (also known as an autoresponder, auto-reply or out-of-office email) can be set up in Webmail. Refer to the various templates below for suggestions on what to include.
Set-up an Auto Responder on a mailbox via Webmail
- Browse to WebMail
- Log in with your full email address and email password. (passwords are case-sensitive)
- Click on Settings (the cog icon at the top right)
- Click on Manage Mailbox
- Login with your mailbox password
- Scroll down to Auto response and edit as needed
- Toggle the OFF switch to ON
- Click on Update Mailbox at the bottom of the page
- Your Auto Responder is now active. To test it, send an email to the address and see if you receive the auto response.
Sample Template 1
Thank you for your email. I’m out of the office and will be back on (date).
As I will have limited access to my email, you can contact me on my cell phone at (cell phone number).
Sample Template 2
Thank you for your email. Our offices are closed from (date) until (date).
We will attend to your enquiry as soon as possible thereafter. Urgent enquiries can be addressed to (email/cell number).
Sample Template 3
I will be out of the office from (date) until (date).
If you need immediate assistance during this time, please contact (name) at (email address/cell number). Otherwise I will respond to your emails as soon as possible when I return.